All Things Bikes
September 30, 2022
ALL THINGS BIKES
TRACK YOUR PROGRESS
You can use any mileage tracker and add your miles in your TDP Dashboard by going to "Virtual Rider Challenge" and clicking "Enter Activity."
But we recommend making it easy.
Join the TDP Team over at Strava, an online fitness tracker that:
- Tracks your performance and training
- Connects you with other riders training for TDP
- Measures your routes and distance
- Syncs automatically with your TDP Dashboard to keep your mileage progress up to date
Sign up by clicking "Join Club" on the TDP Strava page.
BIKE MANUAL FOR NEW RIDERS
The Bianchi Team put together this great resource on all things bikes for newer riders. If you've got questions about training, bike maintenance or changing a flat, you'll find information in here.
SAFETY - OUR #1 PRIORITY
- Follow all COVID-19 protocols in accordance with the CDC and your state/local health agency requirements.
- Each rider must be in sound health for their chosen mileage goal.
- Always wear a helmet when you are riding your bike.
- If riding with others, stay to the right and leave at least one bike length between you and the rider in front of you. Ride single-file when appropriate.
- Use the dedicated bike lane whenever possible.
- Obey ALL traffic laws and road signs. Stop at all stop signs and red lights.
- Ride defensively and stay alert.
- Communicate your intention – use hand signals to indicate turns.
- Look behind you before passing to make sure it’s clear.
- Pass only when it’s safe to do so and only on the left. When passing, call out loudly, “On your left!”
- Never wear headphones or earbuds while on your bike. No selfie sticks.
- Eat before you feel hungry and drink before you feel thirsty. Stay hydrated!
- Be courteous and respectful to others.